Light Polymers is an advanced polymers and materials company with breakthrough chemistry based on high refractive index lyotropic liquid crystals. Our polymers and materials have been in development since 2006. We have an R&D center in Silicon Valley and Application Centers in Taiwan and Korea. We work closely with our customers, providing rapid response to their needs, with a goal to bring to the market complete product solutions through strategic partnerships. Our breakthrough chemistry brings to the display industry a solution that enables the realization of flexible OLED display, delivers higher contrast ratio liquid crystal display, and offers an optical solution to various emerging display applications. Our innovative materials also dramatically improve light efficiency, reduce cost, and bring new solutions to the market – such as LED lighting, solar, building materials and biomedical applications. Light Polymers is currently seeking a Field Application Manager. This position will be based out of our Hsinchu, Taiwan office.
- Highly skilled and experienced science and engineering professional in the display and emerging electronics segments.
- Hands-on experience in debugging, failure analysis and function verification of key technologies; display, lighting, and electronics components.
- Develop a strong network of relationships with key decision makers at relevant companies to build a solid opportunity pipeline and drive the overall adoption of Light Polymers technologies.
- Communicate technical market trends (OEMs and Operators) and recommend strategies for success.
- Present regular technical updates (and interim workshops), promote new developments, products (features and benefits) as well as being hands-on in customer labs for processing and testing, troubleshooting, etc.
- Provide internal team and customers with segment-related information and strategy through training, meeting, and reports.
- Assist with documentation and technical content including Work Instructions, manuals, and component level instructions.
- Create an aligned strategy and work closely with Sales and R&D to allocate the appropriate resources to develop new offerings for these segments.
- Co-work with industry partners such as associations, value chain suppliers, etc to maximize the brand impact of Light Polymers.
- Be responsible for assuring compliance of corporate legal, safety, and ethics policies.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Science or Engineering is preferred.
- At least 6 years of industry experience in field application or product development.
- Experience in optical design, polarizer development, or related optical film technical area is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of electronics and display market, trends and operation.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining customer relationships.
- A thorough understanding of the partner growth/market development management process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex partner development cycles.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to champion and drive new business ventures and establish new contacts.
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment and clarify objectives in an environment of ambiguity.
- Open and innovative mindset to propose new ideas and actions.
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Fluent in Mandarin and Business English.